ree online courses with printable certificates give the opportunity of flexibility and permit learning at one’s comfort. Besides, the institutions offering free courses provide opportunities for students that otherwise lack the chance to study abroad. These free courses are from Harvard and Stanford universities, while other platforms include Udemy, Coursera, and Allison.
Besides, there are high possibilities of securing good jobs since students get printable certificates after the learning period. Similarly, there are no limits to the number of free online courses you can take at a go. Therefore, there are no real reasons why you should not try them out.
Reasons behind Free Online Courses
There are diverse reasons why some universities and reputable educational platforms offer both free and premium courses. Below are some of the senses.
- Some institutions firstly offer new courses online to accredit these courses. The response of people toward it will be the determining factor to promote them into paid programs at the university.
- To gain a reputation as an innovative institution that is open to new technologies. Some of these free online courses are from Harvard University.
- Some institutions offer courses freely intending to popularize some of these courses.
- Besides, some universities present free courses online for students to have a taste of the paid courses.
- Some universities offer free online courses as an act of altruism. They devote themselves to assisting helpless students.
Benefits of Free Online Courses
- Learn at your convenience: perhaps, this reason is the most important of all other causes. Students taking free online courses have the opportunity of attending online classes when it is convenient for them. Moreover, you can reschedule your learning time when you are most likely to keep new information.
- Safety purpose: Generally, learning online saves one from the danger in moving about, especially during the COVID-19 lockdown. You can decide to retain the free online courses at home for safety from the pandemic.
- Learn at your own pace: while you learn, you can decide to pause the video to get a better understanding. Besides, you can return to the previous modules or downloaded materials to go deeper into the topic. Students who enroll in online courses can learn at their own pace without any external pressure.
- Saves money: since the courses are free, therefore you will enjoy the benefit of saving more money while taking free classes online. If you eventually need to pay for the certificates, you would already have an essential part, the knowledge.
- Breaking down geographic barriers: taking online courses is neither limited nor determined by location. You can register for a term abroad without traveling or boarding a plane. Besides, they give you the opportunity of engaging with fellow students around the world.
Top 8 Free Online Courses with Printable Certificates
1. Computer Science 50 (CS50 from Harvard University)
This Harvard online course is an introduction to the intellectual enterprises of Computer science. As a free online course from Harvard University, enrolling for it carries an extra incentive. The course covers the art of programming for majors and non-major, whether having or not having prior experience in programming.
Besides, CS50 educates students on how to reflect algorithmically and proficiently solve problems. Topics in the course include Data Structures, Algorithms, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Security, Resource Management, Web Development, Software Engineering, and lots more.
What you will learn:
- a broad scope on the understanding of Computer Science and Programming
- The diverse basic computer-related concepts, such as algorithms, resource management, computer-aided security, and web development.
- Ability to reason cognitively and algorithmically; and to give solutions to problems on programming
- Know how to interact with a vibrant community where like-minded learners from every level of experience exist
- developing and presenting a final programming project
- Ability to recognize different languages, such as PHP, SQL, HTML, and CSS.
The course duration is for 11 weeks, while the expected time commitment is 10-20 hours per week. Credit-audit is free.
A verified certificate is for $90
2. Diploma in Human Resources (Allison)
This free online course specializes in an in-depth evaluation of the function of a Human Resource Manager. You will also learn the eight major roles of Human Resources Management and the significance of its strategic plan.
Besides, the course focuses on the effect of training on the motivation, performance, and retention of employees. Furthermore, the course teaches on the professional procedures of ending the employment of staff that is not functioning at expected levels.
By the end of the diploma course, you will be able to
- Understand better the skills and roles of a human resource manager
- Know how employee termination can take place
- Give a proper explanation on general recruitment, selection, appraisal, and training procedures
- Learn how to manage and retain the right employees efficiently
- grow a public consciousness of the influences of culture and how an organization operates
- recognize the tactics of dealing with the process of change in an organization
Enrolment, studying, and completion of the course are free. However, you need to score 80% and above in the Assessment before you complete the course
3. Introduction to Probability (Harvard University)
Harvard University offers several online courses that can benefit, especially international students. This course teaches what you will need to understand Data, Philosophy, Science, Economics, Engineering, and Finance. Not only will the time enlighten you on how to solve challenging technical problems, but it will also boost your confidence.
Moreover, it will also teach you the method of applying the solutions in everyday life. This course will help you build a solid foundation on stochastic, randomized algorithms useful in real life. Besides, it can equip you with other skills that relate to the knowledge of probability.
After the end of the ten weeks of intensive learning, you should be able to:
- Know how to think about uncertainties and randomness
- Be good at making excellent predictions.
- Understand the techniques of finding the expected value of a random quality
- Be familiar with the standard probability distributions that are applicable in data science and statistics.
- Be able to use conditional probability in approaching difficult problems.
- Understand the application of logic to real-life issues
Time commitment is 5-10 hours a week.
Get a verified certificate for $99.
4. Introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Stanford University)
This course is one of the free online courses from Stanford University, US. The course introduces you to the elementary principles of innovation and entrepreneurship. Besides, it provides a blueprint for the ideas and strategies of building a successful venture. Topics include Entrepreneurship, sources of innovation, demand creation, leadership fundamentals for design, and the role of marketing in business.
At the end of the course, you will learn
- The ability to develop proficiencies and mindset of successful entrepreneurs
- also, the best methods in leading innovative teams
- how to grow your customer base via outbound and inbound marketing
- required skills to be good at developing and processing your tactics in today’s dynamic market
5. Fundamental of Sales Management (Allison)
Sales managers who want to know better about different sales concepts should take this course. This course, among the free online courses, purposely teaches the elementary and evolution of sales management.
It explains the exceptionality of sales managers in an organization and the importance of sales management for marketing functions. Moreover, it gives details on how marketing policies that relate to sales affect the progress of an organization.
After successful completion of the course, you will be able to
- Identify the relationship that exists between sales management and other functions of management.
- Know about selling and know different market policies. Besides, students will be familiar with marketing activities such as advertisements, promotions, and campaigns.
- Make clear the fundamentals of sales-related marketing strategies and their importance for sales workers.
- Know the differences between the finance department and manufacturing department in sales management
The course lasts for 3 hours with Assessment.
6. Introduction to Web Security (Stanford University)
This free online course helps you to build fundamental knowledge of web security. Also, it will expose you to some of the latest threats and defenses of web security. Besides, the course educates on the method of addressing the internet’s common vulnerabilities.
Some topics that will come under focus include click-jacking, frame busting, authentication, and password breaches. Besides, others have recent attacks on TLS and their defense principles and strategies.
What you will learn in this free online course include
- Knowledge of the basics of browser and web security
- Sound awareness of the newest emerging attacks that face the internet
- Also understand the method of introducing new defense techniques and architectures
- Know the applicable tools in solving common web vulnerabilities
The 60 days of access to the course starts upon enrollment.
7. Justice (Harvard University)
Here is one of the most famous online courses at Harvard College. The course focusses explicitly on the introduction of moral and political philosophy. Also, it offers an opportunity to talk about contemporary problems and related controversies.
The topics under study include Income Distribution, Same-Sex Marriage, and Debates about Human Rights, Affirmative Action, and the Role of Markets. Besides, the course may also require students to engage in arguments for and against Equality.
What you will learn in the course of this online course:
- Knowledge of the rudiments of Political Philosophy
- An understanding of criminal justice and social justice, as well as knowledge of their functions in the modern justice system
- Knowledge of philosophy that lies beneath some modern issues like Equality, Same-Sex Marriage, and Affirmative Action
- Ability to articulate and draw conclusions from philosophical arguments and raise philosophical questions.
The course duration is 12 weeks, while the time commitment is between 3 to 6 hours every week. Verified certificate for $99
8. Deep Learning Specialization (Coursera)
Are you desperate about learning how to become an expert in artificial intelligence? Deep learning is a right course that can help you desire. This choice among the free online courses proves to be priceless after all.
With five courses in deep learning, you will understand and be able to build neural learning procedures. Besides, you will become skillful on how best to lead successful machine projects. Deep learning helps in understanding about Convolutional networks, RNNs, Adam, Batchnorm, Dropout, Xavier, Initialization, and many more.
While learning, there will be conduction of works on different case studies that can enhance the learning process. Students will have access to case studies from health care, sign language reading, music generation, and natural language processing.
Not only will you master the theory in Deep learning, but you will also see its method of application in industry. You will stand a chance to learn from top leaders in the industry who can share their personal stories. These iconic personalities can also give you highly profitable career advice.
What more can anyone hope to get from free online courses with printable certificates? After learning, you will likely find creative ways to apply it to your works and build a career in artificial intelligence.
Furthermore, this Deep Learning category is a broad subject and a combination of several other courses. Below are some five free online courses under this Deep Learning category.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
This course will help you to know the foundation of deep learning. Besides, students will learn how Deep Learning, as a course, really works, and its applications. It can also help your chances of answering basic interview questions when looking for a job in AI.
After going through this course, you will be good at the following
- knowledge on the major technology trends driving deep learning
- Able to construct, train and implement a deep neural network
- Know the significant parameters in a neural network’s architecture.
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter tuning, Regularization, and Optimization
Improving Deep Neural Networks will help you know how deep learning works. Also, you will understand what drives performance and be able to achieve great results.
After three weeks of studying, you should be good at the following.
- Be good at using the common neural network tricks, initialization, L2, cBatch normalization, gradient checking, and dropout regularization.
- Also be capable of applying various optimization algorithms such as momentum, RMSprop, Adam, and many more.
- Gain the ability to apply a neural network in Tensorflow.
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
Many free online courses come with specialized skills for professionals and would-be professionals alike. Besides, this particular one can help you to learn how to build a successful machine-learning project. Also, the course comprises of two ‘flight simulators’ that allow you to make decisions as a machine learning project leader.
After two weeks of learning the course, you should:
- Know how to identify errors in a machine learning system
- Know the complicated ML settings like mismatched training or test sets and comparing to and surpassing human-level performance
- Be able to implement end-to-end learning, multi-tasking learning, and transfer knowledge.
Convolutional Neural Networks
The course teaches students the methods of building and implementing Convolutional Neural Networks into image data. Besides that, after this course, you will
- Be able to build Convolutional Neural Network
- Also understand the method of applying the convolutional neural networks
- Know how to use the algorithms to a range of video, video, and data.
Sequel Models will educate you on building models for audio, natural language, and other sequence data. It is the final course of the Deep Learning Series, which is one of the free online courses with printable certificates.
After studying the course, you will be good at the following:
- how to build and train Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), LSTMs and GRUs
- the methods of implementing sequence models to audios applications, this includes speech recognition and music synthesis
- How to apply sequel models to everyday language problems.
On a Final Note
This article contains more than 11 different free online courses with printable low prices certificates. It is strange that many still doubt the authenticity of these online certification courses. You do not want to miss out on these tremendous opportunities to learn from the best institutions in the world. Start any of the above free online courses of interest to erase your doubt. Besides, the printable certificates may come at some cost, but you will not pay a dime for the online courses.
are free online courses accredited?
Yes, as long as it comes from a reputable institution
are free online courses worth it?
For all its worth, free online courses save time and cost. However, you may sometimes have to pay for the certificates
what universities offer free online courses?
Harvard, Stanford, and other top universities around the world
where to learn free online courses?
Free courses are available from top universities like Harvard and Stanford as well as online platforms like Udemy, Coursera, and Allison
which universities offer free online courses?
Harvard and Stanford Universities are among the top universities that offer free online courses
what are free online courses?
Free online courses are online learning programs that award certificates after students have actively fulfilled the requirements of the course